The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom or the UK, is a sovereign state located off the northwestern coast of mainland Europe. It is comprised of four neighboring island countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The capital city, and the largest city of the UK, is London. It is also the capital of England. The capital of Scotland, Wales and Northern Island are Edinburgh, Cardiff, and Belfast respectively.
STUDY IN UK
UK is the second most popular education destination for International students after the United States of America. Having longstanding reputation for academic excellence, it provides students an opportunity to get world-class education, access cutting-edge research, and learn from the brightest minds. Students get the knowledge and skills that employers want—all while enjoying a high quality of life!
Here, given some important reasons to choose UK for studying abroad.
- World class education system; UK education system stands among most advanced and well reputed education system in the world.
- Great place to live: The UK is one of the most desirable places to live in around the world with its high quality of education, healthcare, transportation, infrastructure, and government services.
- Without IELTS admission; Applicants (especially master applicants) can have option to get admission without IELTS by fulfilling the conditions.
- Part time work allowed; International students are allowed to do part time jobs (20 Hrs. / Wk.) to earn their livelihood.
- Travel with family: Master applicants can apply visa to bring their dependent family members (Spouse/children) with them to the UK.
Working and staying in UK after Graduation:
- Graduate Immigration / Post study work Visa; Graduate immigration route enables International students to apply for PSW (Post study work) visa for the duration of 2-3 years, after successfully completing their degree at undergraduate level or above.
- Skilled Immigration / Permanent residency; Graduate immigration route (Post study work Visa) can be switched into skilled immigration (PR-Permanent residency) once the applicant has been offered a skilled Job by a licensed employer.
Checklist for Admission in UK
Checklist for General Student Visa of UK
- Educational documents (Degree + Transcripts)
- IELTS certificate / English Proficiency certificate
- Reference letters (2)
- Statement of purpose (SOP) *
- Experience letter (in case of academic gap)
All documents must be clearly scanned in JPEG format except CV and SOP that must be sent in Word format.
* Statement of Purpose:
In statement of purpose (SOP), an applicant must discuss his/her interest in the course, skills & achievements, hobbies & interests, work experience, future plan and the reason of studying in UK.
Online Application Forms
- Visa Application Form
- Documents Checklist Form
- Visa Application Fee Payment Receipt
- Appointment Letter
- CAS Letter (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)
- Bank Statement (maintained from Last 28 Days)
- IELTS certificate / English Proficiency Letter
- Educational documents
- Reference / Recommendation Letter
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- FRC (attested by MOFA)
- Original TB test report
- Passport (valid for at least 12 months)
- Birth Certificate (in case of parent’s bank statement)
- 2 Stamp Papers (for affidavits of financial support)
- Health Surcharge Amount (£300 Per Annum)
- Embassy Fee (refer to UKVISA Center Website)
v All documents should be printed out on A-4 size paper
v No stapler used in any document
Most of the universities in UK require IELTS (or any other approved English language certificate) for admission. Most common IELTS requirement is given as:
- Foundation courses: UKVI-IELTS 5 overall (not less than 4 in any module)
- Bachelor degree program: IELTS 6 overall (not less than 5.5 in any module)
- Pre-Master: UKVI-IELTS 5 overall (not less than 5 in any module)
- Master degree program: IELTS 6.5 overall (not less than 6 in any module)
Some of the UK universities are conditionally exempting the IELTS requirement. Most common conditions are given as:
By passing university English language test: Some of the UK universities are conducting their own English language test. If the applicant passes university English language test, he/she will be exempted from IELTS.
English proficiency letter: Some of the UK universities are accepting admission applications with English language proficiency letter from applicants’ previous institute. Universities accepting English language proficiency letter are given as:
- University of Stirling
- Heriot-Watt University
- Ulster University
- Coventry University
Special note: IELTS exemption criteria may vary/change as per applicants’ over all educational profile.
GENERAL ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Foundation courses: Applicants having less than 60% marks in HSSC (or any other equal qualification) will apply for foundation courses only. IELTS (UKVI) overall 4.5 is required for admission.
Bachelor degree programs: Applicant must have 60% or above marks in HSSC (or any other equal qualification) to apply for bachelor degree program. Study gap is not acceptable. Applicant must have fresh HSSC and IELTS/English proficiency requirements must be fulfilled as per university criteria.
Master degree programs: Applicants must have 16 years of education (4 years bachelor or 2+2 master degree) to apply for Master Degree program. Justifiable study gap is acceptable. Job letter/Experience certificate is required to justify the study gap. IELTS/English proficiency requirements must be fulfilled as per university criteria.
AVERAGE TUITION COST
The cost of studying in the UK varies by institution, the level of study, and the type of course. Medical Science and Engineering degree courses are generally more expensive than humanities, social sciences and other art courses.
(Average Annual Tuition Costs at Different Levels of Study in GBP-Great Britain Pound)
Bachelor Degree Programs:
Humanities, Social & Management sciences and other Arts’ subjects: GBP 9,000 to 13,000 (Approx.)
Clinical/Medical science and Engineering: GBP 13,000 to 25,000 (Approx.)
Master Degree Programs:
Humanities, Social & Management sciences and other Arts’ subjects: GBP 12,000 to 19,000 (Approx.)
Clinical/Medical science and Engineering: GBP 17,000 to 25,000 (Approx.)
UNIVERSITIES IN UK
- Coventry University, London campus
- Northumbria University, London campus
- London Southbank University, London
- BPP University, London
- Ulster University, London campus
- Roehampton University, London
- Manchester Metropolitan University-MMU, Manchester
- Birmingham City University, Birmingham
- Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield
- Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh
- Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow
- University of Stirling, Stirling
- Bangor University, Bangor
- Swansea University, Swansea
- Queen’s University, Belfast
- Ulster University, Belfast campus